Monday, September 17, 2012

Self Portrait




I came across this podcast a few weeks ago and it is incredible.  The episode that has really stayed with me is one where Susannah Conway was interviewed.  She talked about one avenue she has used to move more into self love is to take photographs of herself.  She challenged the listeners to snap pictures of themselves until they have in their possession 100 photographs.  Can you imagine?  I for one felt the whispers of YES DO IT because this is something I want to pass over to my daughter.  She will want to see mommy seeing the beauty in herself to remind her that in times of self doubt she possesses the same within her.


Anyone want to join in with me?

Find more of my work CLICK HERE

3 comments:

Beth Morey said...

Yay love this, Robin! The photos are gorgeous, you are gorgeous, and so is your little girl. I'm excited to see where this project takes you. I've been taking self-portraits off and on since 2006 or so, and it's been very powerful for me. I hope it is the same for you!

Unknown said...

I love this idea. I get so caught up in the "perfection" of photos...of my self. I love how your photos are blurry and you post them anyway! I'm going to do 100 self portraits! Thanks Robin...and Susanna!

Missus Wookie said...

I've been taking self portraits over the last couple of years, and yes it does definitely affect how you view yourself.

Great shots :)